Tuesday, October 27, 2009

When it rains, it pours

We got water in our basement. Again. This time, though, we have to get new carpet. So now we have to haul EVERYTHING out of the basement. And we have a LOT of stuff down there. And I'm coming down with some bug, so I'm exhausted. And on, and on...
...but in the midst of my complaints, God reminds me of so many blessings. So I choose thankfulness (most of the time!).

I am thankful...

The girls are blessed with having their grandparents (who love them and like to be with them!) close by...
and some great-grandparents too!
(I love this picture... if you know Grandma Joy, you can just hear her when you look at this!)
We have a very healthy, happy baby... and a silly girl who makes us laugh...
the sisters like to play (sort of!)
but I am so excited that they have each other...
We have really nice neighbors-
Our neighbor girl just turned 8, and instead of donating her dolls and doll stuff to charity, she wanted Annika to have them (they have a cute relationship). Annika has been keeping very busy feeding and caring for her babies.


5 comments:

Mindy said...

Those girls are too cute! I need to squish their cheeks!

Totally laughing at your caption on the picture of Grandma Joy and Alexa - SO TRUE!

Hope things are going well with the basement...

Kristy said...

Darling pictures!!!!! Love those monkey jammies. : ) Hang in there and let us know if you need anything.

Tami said...

Brooke...I feel like I haven't seen or talked to you in ages!!! The pictures are adorable!!!

Jami said...

Oh what a bummer about the water!! At least you have so much else to be thankful for! Your girls are beautiful!! :)

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about the basement.

GREAT pic of gma and Alexa!

-BrockJen