Friday, October 12, 2007

It's a Good Day!

I had my appointments today: with the nurse to learn how to use the blood checker (there is probably a better word for this tool, but I am not sure yet what it is!), and the dietician to do some revisions on my diet.

Praise the Lord... I survived and even walked out with a smile on my face!

The pricks in my finger are not bad at all (while the one for that first glucose screen in the doctor's office using- what is that, a blade?- left me with a sore finger for a week!). So I will check my blood when I wake up, and then 2 hours after every meal. I will keep a log to share with the doctor and the dietician. This will help me also, to see if the meals that I eat "pass the test." If my levels are too high, then I know I messed up and I need to modify something for next time.

And the BEST news was the diet... wow, how great! More customized to me, a pregnant woman... rather than the generic 2000 calorie a day diet I was on. Not that it's a free-for-all now, by any means, but I have more options, more information, and a little more flexibility than before, so that is definitely encouraging! I am able to go on vacation with less worries!

Thanks to everyone for your continued prayers!

4 comments:

Amber said...

YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

now go relax in the sun : )

Katie said...

Good for you, have fun

Marla H. said...

That's great!!!! We will continue to pray for you!

Jami said...

Glad for the great day!! :)