Monday, June 30, 2008

Andy's New Adventure

***This is Andy talking:***

Flashback to before Annika was born... I had lost 27 pounds and was seven pounds from the goal weight for when she was born (granted, she was born a week early).

Back to the present: I have gained all but five of those pounds back. I played basketball with a certain friend who shall remain nameless (as he smoked me and we wouldn't want to make him too prideful: the war is far from over by the way, Ryan). As he ground me down, I wanted nothing more than to throw up (from exhaustion, not the embarrassing shellacking I was enduring). I then decided that I had had enough. So now it is back to work with a new goal: 49 pounds by Annika's first birthday! This is serious. There is a weight loss progress ticker at the bottom of the page so others can watch and hold me accountable (and please pray!)

5 comments:

Mindy said...

Good luck Andy! That is a great goal!

Katie said...

Good luck Andy, if you ever need a B-ball parnter, I will play with you, since I would proably pass out.

Rebekah said...

good luck Andy. I am laughing at myself right now because when I read this post yesterday, I thought it was Brook writing...and I had thought to myself, "maybe since I need to lose weight, I should call Brooke and we can keep eachother accountable." Now, that i realized it's actually you, Andy, I'll just cheer you on...I think it would be a little weird to be on a weight loss program together! :)

Katie said...

Okay, I did laugh too, I thought Brooke posted it too, I was thinking if she needs to lose 50 pounds, then I need to lose like a 100 pounds. lol

Kristy said...

Andy, you could always do our Body Blast class that Brooke loved so much! : ) It's a real workout- I'm feeling it today and I'm sure your wife has been moaning.