Friday, August 29, 2008

This was our week...

I started a new work schedule! It is now Monday-Tuesday-Wednesday- no weekends! But yes, it is still 6:00 am - 4:15 pm.

Tuesday- visited my friend Carly and her sweet little twin girls (6 lbs, 8oz and 6lbs, 11oz) at the hospital. I like to hold babies. :)

Thursday- Annika climbed the stairs on her own! (and she took a break every few steps to wave to Daddy up at the top!)

Friday- Andy planned a mystery date (he wouldn't tell me where it was)... first, he rang the doorbell. I looked outside and saw no cars, so I assumed it was a kid selling something, so since I was not dressed yet, I ignored it. And ignored it. Then the phone rang. I assumed it was a solicitor, so I ignored it. Finally, Andy walked in the door with flowers, and informed me it was him that had been dinging the doorbell (and calling) to pick me up for my date. Oops- I ruined the romance!

Then he took me to Lancaster's in downtown Bloomington for quite an experience! Great service and AMAH-ZING food. And we sat next to THE Ed Rust... so close we couldn't even whisper that we were sitting next to the Ed Rust. That was an unusual experience. But the food- oh the food!

Appetizer: Duck Rolls
Entrees:
Andy- Lamb Chops over bok choy in an Asian sesame sauce with garlic mashed potatoes
Brooke- Grilled Veal Loin over Pearl Onions/Celery/Carrots in a beef broth with garlic mashed potatoes
Dessert: Flourless chocolate cake with raspberry and chocolate sauce

Oh yum! What a dining experience. What a great time, and what a great husband. :)

Next: this weekend is Brock and Jen's Roanoke Reception at Mom and Dad's...

6 comments:

Staci said...

Sounds like an awesome date! Jerime would never do something like that. I am sad that you guys ate lamb and veal though. :(

If I was sitting next to Ed Rust I would have gushed loudly about how much I just LOVE to work at SF and hope he pays for my meal! :)

See you at couples night!

Amber said...

YEA! Glad it was fun! And sounds delicious!!!!

and what an accomplished little girl!

Katie said...

That Andy, is such a great hubby.

Jami said...

oh how fun! what a sweet hubby!

Anonymous said...

more pix plz. fyi, this baby is cute.

Anonymous said...

Hello, this is your blog speaking. I am writing to inform you that I need to be updated. It has been far too long since you've posted Annika pictures. Thank you for your cooperation.