Friday, September 26, 2008

Post Number 100!

Congratulations to me! This is post #100. I can't believe I've been keeping up with this over a year. I think the proper thing to do is share some things about myself and give something away? So here goes...

What you may not know about me (but probably do because I'm pretty transparent; an open book!):

10. I am a grammar geek and spelling errors tend to drive me crazy.

9. I don't like to talk on the phone very much, and I'm guessing it's mostly because of working in a call center... and I've never felt good at it. I like face-to-face interactions most of all, and prefer that whenever possible. SO I am thankful for the inventions of e-mail and texting so I can premeditate my message and be clever and less awkward.

8. Turquoise is my favorite color (I know, you and all your kids know it too).

7. I love a bargain and the temporary high it gives you (unfortunately, the buzz wears off a bit when I come home and even when it's a $100 item for $5, my husband is not as jazzed about my deal as I am).

6. No matter how well I organize (and I do love to organize) or clean stuff up, our computer desk still ends up with a huge pile (or piles) of papers. And then it gets so huge it is just overwhelming.

5. My favorite job would still be the Juniors department at Von Maur- opening the boxes of new stock was like Christmas each day, and then getting to dress the mannequins and do displays, and then show customers the fun new clothes we got in...it's playing and getting paid for it! It also taught me more about myself than any other job.

4. I don't think I've met a musical I didn't like (some I don't LOVE, but I don't think I've seen one that I despised)... and so far, Annika is a lover of showtunes too, so that bodes well for me! From "Hello Dolly" to "All That Jazz," "OOOOOOOOOOOOOklahoma!" to "You Can't Stop the Beat," she laughs and dances along. Hooray for showtunes. [Okay, let's be honest here: she dances to EVERYTHING, from showtunes to praise songs, along with commercial jingles and sounds from toys, so that really doesn't mean a thing but that she likes to dance, which still bodes well for me because I do too.] :)

3. My love language is, without a doubt, quality time (which is why I spend most of my days off work crawling around the floor playing!).

2. I love being a mommy and wife more than I ever imagined.

1. The me before Christ would never recognize the me from today... and I continue to be in awe of that and how He really does make all things new.


And now, the giveaway part. Please include a fact about YOURself that people may not know, and you'll be entered to win a set of 20 personalized, handmade cards with envelopes. It will be something like this (but with your initial, of course):

Entries due by next Friday... winner will be picked next weekend.

12 comments:

Mindy said...

I have worn the same nail polish color for over 2 years! I fell in love with OPI Grand Central Carnation at our first Rocke Girl's Spa Day and have worn it ever since!

Happy 100th post!

Anonymous said...

my eyes are hazel except a 1/4 of my left eye is brown.

Katie said...

Oh brooke- I hope that you do not hate my emails that have misspelled words and no periods.

On Monday nights, if I remember I watch the "Hills" on MTV. I know what a LOSER, but I think it is funny.

Anonymous said...

While you already may know that I am a perfectionist and a neat freak, the following characteristic may be funny and a little extreme, even for me. I have tons of magnets on my refrigerator, along with paper articles (i.e. pictures, lists, reminder notes, etc.). However, every magnet must be straight and proportionately spaced from the other magnets on the fridge. Moreover, magnets, when holding up a paper item, must be placed on two adjacent corners of the item--never in the middle! If people pick up my magnets to look at them and just “place” them back on my refrigerator, I freak out…just a little bit! :o)

Marla H. said...

Okay, on Mondays I like to watch TV (like Katie). BUT I am watch "Heroes." Yea! The new season is here! I like comic book movies and shows....Heroes, Batman, Ironman, Fantastic 4, X-Men....all of them....I love them! I think am the loser, Katie. (ha)

Amber said...

Hmmm . ..what do people not know about me.

One HUGE (but in all reality won't come true) dream of mine would be to be on the Amazing Race (the tv show) with Ryan. It's my favorite reality show (that and the biggest loser . ..which I watch while I eat by the way) and I think Ryan and I could be fairly successful compared to some.

So who knows, maybe if it's still running after the twins are a little more grown, I'll apply (although Ryan claims we're too "normal" to get on - ha!).

Maybe I shouldn't mention this but a favorite conversation of ours is trying to put together pairs of people that we know who we think would be ENTERTAINING to see attempt it together (for instance, there are people in my family it would be diaster if I attempted the race with).

Sandra said...

I hate to admit this but I am a nail bitter. I am trying so hard to stop this bad habit. At the present time I have long nails, but not sure how that long will last.

Rebekah said...

There are probably quite a few things no body knows about me...that's what happens when you are shy I guess.

One thing is I am terribly competative and kind of a poor loser. I am working on that. One of the most tense moment in our marriage so far has been when I was playing RISK with Matt. I was winning and then the game went RAPPIDLY in Matt's favor. I got so ticked we quit playing the game. (how embaressing!) My sister Tami told me something last Christmas to help me with my problem...when the game is over, it all goes back in the box. As pathetic as it sounds, this has helped me when I'm losing a game...I just keep saying it to myself.

I am going to Stop now before you all think I am insane and in need of clinical help!

Marie Stork said...

I struggle with keeping my list of priorities in order... at times get mixed up and then once I get them back in order life is smoother.
1. God
2. Husband
3. Kiddo's
4. Family/Friends
5. Work

But one other fact...I am no ENGLISH major! :)

Brooke--enjoyed sitting by you at church last Sunday. Kaden being the youngest really notices babies now and likes to interact with them.

Marie S

Alissa said...

I love listening to my girls' music! My favorites are Psalty and Music Machine Clubhouse, but have also been known to dance like nobody's watching to the classic Disney records - I mean classic as in Jimmy Crack Corn and What do you do with a drunken sailor? Very fun!
Another fact - I love balancing our checkbook - but being a math nerd, that might not be so odd.

Alissa said...

Oh, I do mean records - we have all mine from growing up. I have many memories of laying on the floor coloring listening to record after record. Just thought I'd mention that!
~Alissa

megs @ whadusay said...

Oh, I hope I'm not too late. It is Friday, but I hope the "entries due by next Friday" means they can be entered ON Friday!

One thing people don't know about me. Hmmm...

I am so bad at questions like this. I am so not a quick thinker. Hey, does that count.

I am not a quick thinker.

I also do not like to talk on the phone because the pauses are so much more awkward than pauses in face-to-face conversations!