Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Resourcefulness

A funny side effect of being a mommy: resourcefulness.

I don't think I had it before.

Today by the time I got to work my pants were stretched out and getting pretty saggy (I know Mom, I wear my pants too big). I asked my friend if she had anything like ribbon, string, something like that to help me (because I didn't want to be in our meeting with the VP today with my pants falling off!). She happened to be wearing a sweater with a tie around it (black, just like my pants), and it was the perfect emergency solution. Brilliant! She saved the day.

So... do you have some examples of a mommy's resourcefulness to share?

3 comments:

Amber said...

hmmm . . .does suddenly remembering you bought YOURSELF a chocolate tootsie pop at the height of stress in an 8 1/2 hour car trip home (in inch-along traffic) and handing it to your 13 month old little girl for a few moments of peace count?!?!?!?!

It felt resourceful at the time. : )

Anonymous said...

Brooke, have you forgotten everything about the way pants and/or jeans should properly fit from your days at Von Maur? I cannot ever get out of shopping with my mom and sisters because they think I'm an expert in clothes-fitting because I worked there. I think you may have to go through orientation again!

Brooke said...

Joanna- I know! I think the problem is that (1) the pants fit when I buy them, and I forget they'll stretch out and (2) my weight tends to yo-yo so I have pants in multiple sizes. Unfortunately, I think I'm between two sizes right now, so it's too big or too small.