Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Happy Birthdays!

Tuesday was Dad's birthday. We went to Peoria to meet Dad for lunch. We ate from the carts downtown. How fun!

Can you tell someone is ready for a nap?

And Alexa, the two month old...

(Weight: 13 lbs, 5oz- 96%; Height: 22 1/4", 50%)

I put her in the same outfit Annika was in when she was two months so you can compare and see if they look alike.

And here's Annika at two months:
And back to Alexa. Fauxhawk baby!

In other news: I went to the hematologist last week, and I was at a 10.3 (up over a point in just a week). He concluded that it was in fact due to pregnancy (apparently very rare), and expects a full recovery. That's great news- the bad news is that if there are any more pregnancies, it's very likely I'll get it again.

It's been six months now in my new stay-at-home mommy job, and I've been reflecting on the time that's passed. I never expected it to be so amazing. While yes, there are some days that aren't perfect, I feel like with my energy coming back, I'm kind of getting into the swing of things. I really never thought it could be this great, this challenging, or that with this one step of obedience I'd get to see God provide in ways I never imagined.

Wow, God.

2 comments:

Amber said...

While I"m sure it's discouraging to think you might possibly have to deal with it all again, I am sothankful you're feeling better now.

And right now, the pictures you put up kind of confirmed my inclination that Alexa has more of daddy in her than Annika. It will be fun to see as she keeps growing.

Such a sweetie. : )

Mindy said...

So cute! I love seeing side by side pictures of siblings! Alexa definately looks different from Annika! I think almost the biggest difference is their hair...or lack of it. :) Such sweet girls!