Thursday, November 15, 2007

Miscellaneous

It's been awhile...life has been a little hectic! So some updates:

We had some great baby showers- our church shower last Tuesday, and a Princeville shower on Saturday. We were overwhelmed by everyone's generosity, and now a little overwhelmed by all the "stuff" now overtaking our home!

Andy is still doing great on his diet, at 19 1/2 pounds down... but not quite able to cross the big 20 marker yet. I pray that he can be strong through the gluttonous holidays and see results!

Christmas shopping is progressing, and it is still a possibility that we could be done with it by Thanksgiving (as was our goal), so we can have a week or two with quality time together where we are not scurrying to get stuff done, or to get to our various activities.

The baby room is painted and all the furniture is in there and assembled... when it is a little more put together, I will post pictures of that room and the guest room! Andy spent almost 12 hours in slightly more than a 24-hour period working on that baby room to finish it up... painting stripes, changing out the ceiling fan, some electrical stuff, and assembling all of the furniture, and not to mention cleanup. What a dedicated daddy! It took me off guard the first time I went up to her room and saw a crib in there... quite a change!

I've been reflective in the last few days... about the pregnancy, mostly... looking back through the struggles, I am still able to praise God for this part of our adventure because:
*my nauseousness lasted only a short while
*though my ankle/ankles (or "cankles") have swelled the whole time, it is no longer flip flop season, so most of the time, no one else has to know!
*Andy is willing to lift and move things for me when the shooting pains in my back don't allow!
*the normally emotional me has been less emotional the whole pregnancy (except for the ice cream incident... but maybe that's another post!)
*I slid by without insulin for the gestational diabetes!
*the gestational diabetes was caught in plenty of time, so I (hopefully) won't deliver a ginormous baby!
*I've been blessed with a wonderful helpmate in this journey
*Most importantly, our baby girl continues to be healthy!

I'll stop talking now. :)

2 comments:

Jessica said...

That is fantastic that you can count your blessings and name them one by one! It really is true that when we do that we are suprised at what God has done! I think I saw the crib that you got...if it is the one I think it is (green) I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

Staci said...

Brooke I think about you everyday wondering if that baby came early. Looks like you two are so organized!! I'm trying to get that way. Way to go Andy on the weight loss!! My dad heard about it and wants a copy of the gestational diabetes diet!