Friday, November 16, 2007

Patience

So back in August, I wrote up a proposal for a part time position in my department. In October, it was presented to the director. Today, I asked for a status report (I felt I had been very patient, waiting so long!). My answer?

We don't know officially.

"Sooooo... what does that mean? Will I know before I go on leave?"

Unofficially, it sounds like my supervisor and manager are going to make it happen whether it is "approved" or not... which I didn't know you could do. So our prayers were answered!

But officially, I will know before I am due back full time in August (due to other decisions and announcements intertwined with our staffing). Bureaucracy!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Do you speak Portugese Brooke? :)It sounds like he (she) is telling you how good his internet service is--from what I can pick out. Blog spam?
janelle

Brooke said...

I DON'T know this person... does anyone know how to delete notes from advertisers and other people you don't know? Or block junk comments?

Jessica said...

Brooke, I have been getting those too and I have no idea what they are all about!