Tuesday, January 27, 2009

And our other changes...

Since Annika was born, God has been changing my heart... from a goal of working mom (which I always planned to be) to being a stay-at-home mommy (something I NEVER thought I'd be, let alone long for!). Thankfully, my husband's heart has been changed too. Today I put in my notice at work, to be done mid-February.

It feels so surreal. I think I imagined it would be more of a celebration feeling. After all, this change is simplifying my life- as in, how easy to have only one job to juggle, right?! And no more 6:00 am start time... But I know being home is a huge job, a huge responsibility...and if it's my only job, I can no longer just survive it all- I want to do it well. I'm also leaving a great company, a job I like (most of the time), and some coworkers I love behind.

I don't have any idea the sacrifices and the changes that are yet to come for us. I do know that we're doing what God is asking us to do right now. There is peace in that. And hopefully I'll be a little less exhausted? We'll see. :)



10 comments:

Marie Stork said...

I've been a working mother also for the past 10 years and this past Oct I lost my job and have been incredibly BLESSED to just be at home--though I have picked up just one day a week. I love being at home and I know God will bless you for listening to His still small voice.

Jessica said...

I am so excited for you Brooke. It is always so neat to chat with you about what the Lord is doing and how you are listening to Him. I love watching how He has changed your heart and desires. And I will love watching all the ways He will provide for you when your finally at home :)
Love you friend!

Amber said...

As I've told you - I so admire you and Andy choosing to pursue this with such faith. I know God will honor that.

Even admist the unknowns that still remain, I am so excited for you to have this desire of your heart fulfilled! Your desire to be at home so much has been an encouragement to me on the days that seem harder - it is a gift to be able to do it . ..isn't it!

We'll continue to be prayerful but are excited to see God in the changes to come!

love you!

The Russell Fam said...

Sniff, sniff, bawl. I will miss you every single day! I know this decision is best for you guys, and I respect that...doesn't mean I LIKE it. I'm happy for you though. Really!

I heart you lots.

(Final thought: Nnnnnnnnnoo!)

Mama Runner said...

Congrats on joining the "homemakers"! It has its challenges but is SO worthwhile.

Unknown said...

Brooke,

Can I just say that I am completely jealous (in a good way)? I love you!

Rebekah said...

Brooke,
I'm so glad that you felt God's leading and thankful that He gave you the grace to respond.

There are times it's easy to believe the lie that we are "just homemakers"...but when we realize the impact we are having on the lives of others, it does help me see the mighty purpose we have. May God bless you and Andy for your faithful obedience!

Also praying for your and your blood tests.

love ya,
bek

Mindy said...

yeah! Congratulations! So thankful your heart's desire is being fulfilled!

Anonymous said...

I'm am happy for you Brooke. I'm glad it is working out. :) love you.

megs @ whadusay said...

Hi Brooke -
I deeply admire you and Andy for stepping out in faith. You know if God is in it, you will be blessed in huge ways. Stay-at home mommy is not an easy job, but I wouldn't want to do anything else!

Saying a prayer for you as you make the transition!

Megan