Tuesday, January 27, 2009

First a pregnancy update...

We are at 17-18 weeks. A few more weeks, and hopefully we get to find out whether he or she is a boy or a girl! (If you get a chance, submit your vote for what you think it is!) How exciting. Baby continues to look healthy.

As for me:
They don't know what's wrong with me. How fun is that?! Basically, my anemia is not caused by iron deficiency, so the tests that they would do next they can't do on a pregnant woman (like bone marrow biopsy, etc)... so the rest of my pregnancy, I will wait. Patiently. (Or not.) If my levels get any lower, we will talk blood transfusion, which hopefully would lead to me having a little more energy.

It is SO easy to get discouraged because I am not myself, and the thought of not being myself for the rest of the pregnancy and who knows how much longer afterwards (until they actually figure it out and hopefully fix me) is quite a downer. God's in control though, and I still am thankful that the doctor is not concerned it is anything too serious (i.e. my white blood cell levels are good, so it's not leukemia, etc), and I'm thankful that the baby sucks everything he/she needs from me, so the baby is fine!

4 comments:

Amber said...

Hang in there . . ..

I undersatnd the discouragement that can come from just the ongoingness (is that a word?!) of a plaguing problem - try to take days at a time . . .and not a whole pregnancy at a time. : ) (easier said than done - huh?!?!) Sometimes, I felt like I just had to tell myself over and over, "this will not be forever."

You're doing lots right.

love you lots and will keep praying

Marie Stork said...

I understand that low iron thing. I was like that with my second pregnancy. Took iron and all--and numbers were horrible. The iron made me feel awful and my doctor was very concerned and thought for sure she was going to have to do a blood transfusion after her birth but I decided against any further testing and just trusted that God knew best and would work it out. I am normally low on iron anyway--and for some reason that pregnancy it was even worse. I'm not telling you what you should do--just that you should do what your "gut" instinct is. God is faithful and will take care of you. I voted for a boy since you have a girl--boys are fun to. It's neat having one of each because then you see how God created them so different and you see it play out before your eyes from infant on up. Hang in there!

Mindy said...

I voted for a boy because Levi needs a boy cousin to play with! :)

Hope you are having a "feel good" day and that you can get some energy soon! It's tiring enough being pregnant, let alone having to take care of a toddler and be sick with whatever it is you have! Hang in there...like Amber said, thankfully pregnancy is not forever, so you do have an end in sight!

Anonymous said...

I guessed girl but have no idea. I can't wait to hear the results. ;)