Saturday, July 21, 2007

Nacho Baby

At home, we (well, mostly Andy) refer to our baby as Nacho! We cannot for the life of us remember why. My friend Katie lovingly referred to her baby as Dorito until he was born, but I don't think it had anything to do with following her chip theme! I do love me some nachos (mild- hold the jalepenos and not too spicy please) ... especially Nachos Supreme from Taco Bell. And I adore Nacho/Taco Bar Day Thursdays at work (I'll spare you hearing my Nacho/Taco Bar Day song!)

It could just be because I often say how good they sound, and we made some comment that the baby must be a fan of nachos too.

Who knows- but "Burrito" and "Chimichanga" are still available names if you would like to give Nacho a friend!

(No one ever called us normal...)

7 comments:

Jessica said...

Oh my goodness, they still have taco bar thursdays at work??? I was there EVERY thursday during my prego with ethan!! Fill the plate up with all that yummy stuff and the baby was sooooo happy all day long! and I was too! the best $5.45 you can spend ; ) hum, maybe ethan and I should come visit you for taco day!!
...ps...normal is so overrated...and BORING!!! ; ) ha, j/k...I love all you normal people reading this...ok, I am gonna go.

Amber said...

either way . . .I'm hungry now!!! Maybe I'll have to do a Taco Bell run after my appt . . .it's been a while!

I just can't wait to find out what Nachos is . . . not much longer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mindy said...

For some reason I'm not really suprised that you call your baby Nacho! Maybe I've known you too long! :) Although I never named my baby anything other than boy while I was prego, I did love spicy food. I was always wanting Qdoba, Chilis and Taco Bell. We actually ate at Chilis so often that I had to take a break from there for a while after we had Noah. Mmmmm, my mouth is watering thinking about spicy food...yum!

Brooke said...

Jessica, that is hilarious! I've been better lately with bringing my lunch, but I'm always happy to have an excuse to visit the Nacho bar! You are welcome to visit here any time! Lori said she is here at South on Thursdays... maybe we can make it a party!

Katie said...

Too funny, I love Mexican food. We used to call James "Lamont" until he was born.

Mrs. Hany said...

Brooke, I just read your "my god is so big" post and I must say and I can completely relate! I think you put it into words perfectly and I felt humbled reading it! Thanks for a great reminder, and good luck with your super cute diaper bag!

Kristy said...

Now I have to say the best nachos in the world are from Q-Doba; I love the chicken ones and the steak ones are yummy too. Cade and I share them- so fun!

I think Cole's name should have been Cheeseburger. And you know, I don't think I've had a cheeseburger since. They just don't sound good anymore.