Sunday, October 26, 2008

Deals for the week... K-Mart and make money at Meijer

Maybe I need to make a central IL version of money-saving mom... but I can't help it; I have some great deals to share!

K-Mart is offering double coupons this week through Saturday... doubling up to $2 coupons (yes, so that means a $2 coupon becomes $4 off!). If for some reason your local store is not redeeming them correctly, you can call corporate and have them remind the store that is promotion is going on. I verified this with our Bloomington store, and it's on. You can use a maximum of 75 coupons per visit. I believe I read that they may not accept Internet-printed coupons, so be warned.

Also, Meijer has some great sales that will make you money! Printing off coupons from Mealbox, I am seeing that Jell-O is on sale for $0.50 each, so with the $1.50 coupon off 2 boxes, they will pay you $0.50 to take home the Jell-O! (okay, not actually pay you, but it will pay for something else!) Also I saw:
-Taco Bell is 20% off, and they have a coupon that will work for Taco Bell salsa, taco shells, or dinner kits... the taco shells are (I think) $1.29 before the discount, so you should make money off that. **It appears these Taco Bell coupons are no longer available in Mealbox.**
-also, super deal: Steamfresh bags- on sale for $1.25 each...use Mealbox $1 off 2, combined with $0.35 coupon from a recent paper (doubles to $0.70), and it's $0.40/bag!

Those are just the few I saw at first glance... feel free to share any super deals you see!

6 comments:

Amber said...

ok - am I crazy . . .when I had gone to Meijer's mealbox, I never found the jello coupons?!?!

Mindy said...

Amber- they moved the Jello coupon to page 2 on Meijer Mealbox.

Thanks Brooke for keeping us informed on the deals! It's so nice when someone does this because I love the deals but don't always have time to figure it all out!

Amber said...

ok - here's my other question. - I did finally find it. : )

Since it says one coupon per transaction, are you guys just doing 30 transactions or how are you pulling off your 20 boxes?!?!?!

sigh - I didn't really think I was that bargain slow. really.

Mindy said...

you can use more than one coupon per transaction. i just did it today and used 10 coupons.

Amber said...

one more smaller "deal" that I'm getting this week.

jack's frozen pizza is probably our favorite after tombstone (which is even more expensive).

At meijer's this week: Jack's is 4 for $10 (it's on "SALE" at kroger's for 3 for $11). Mealbox has a $2 off 4 coupon and then smart source had a coupon a few weeks ago for 75 cents off.

It's not SPECTACULAR (as in nearly free) but it's not bad either for good frozen pizza: 4 for $7.75. It rivals Aldi's .. .and I do like Jack's pizza better.

Amber said...

one more thing - the 75 cent coupon is for one pizza. So technically if you had 4 coupons, you'd get 4 pizzas for $5.

If I was that on top of coupons right now, I'd be going for that!