Thursday, October 30, 2008

October's Grocery Budget Status?

Were you dying to know? Well, I went over the aggressive $30 a week budget for October... but still, I did better than I thought! It was about $35 a week. And that's because I did some stocking up at CVS (as you can see in the picture below). BUT once I get reimbursements/rebates back, then I think it's a little less than that. I'm hoping to do it again- it's a fun challenge.

All this at CVS cost me about $8 out of pocket (subtracting out rebates/reimbursements), with them giving me about $20 in Extra Care Bucks to go back and do some more (almost free!) shopping.


And speaking of CVS, Andy thought he heard that CVS is coming in across Raab from Schnucks where they just cleared... anybody know if there's any truth to that? That would be SUPER great because it's just a few blocks away!

4 comments:

megs @ whadusay said...

I just got two $10 gift cards to CVS and thought I'd use them to start trying out the ECB system. If they are getting a CVS at that location I would be very excited as well!!!

Amber said...

Looks impressive!! : ) I'd say you're doing well.

hmmm . . .maybe if you have such good luck I may have to break down and try it eventually. Although truth be told, I think I'll be wanting to minimize trips to stores this next year !: )

Jami said...

Way to go Brooke!

Anonymous said...

Please post pix of annika in halloween costume thanks.