Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Free "Green" Tote

More and more recently, I have been feeling I need to be a better steward of the resources God has given us... money, home, and the earth. Not that I'm GOOD at it yet, but I'm trying. So anyway, I've been eyeing those "green" grocery totes they have in all the stores... but didn't want to spend extra money on them (especially since, as you may have noticed, I was trying to spend a mere $30 a week on groceries!). Here's my solution!

Target has an offer to get one for free (well, free after postage)! All you have to do is send in five Target plastic bags, and they'll send you a coupon for a free grocery tote. I can do that! You can do it too~ read here.

2 comments:

Amber said...

Aldi's has their own version of the canvas bags that are 3 times bigger than ones I've seen everywhere else. . .and alot less.

I have 2 and they can easily get almost all my groceries (fully loaded of course).

Just in case you wanted another option : )

megs @ whadusay said...

What I've done is buy one a week at Meijer ($.99), that way it doesn't eat too much into your grocery budget (although $1 into $30 would definately be a bite!).

Target has a great fold-up/zip-up one that fits in your purse for smaller purchases that is very handy as well.