Monday, October 20, 2008

Love this website

Okay, this is the end of the blogging extravaganza- I'm off to bed after this.

I know many of us have mentioned www.moneysavingmom.com on our blogs, so I know others like it as much as I do. Pretty amazing stuff!

After reading her site, I decided to set an aggressive goal to see if I could spend only $30 a week on groceries this month. Yes. $30. And that includes everything consumable. So MoneySavingMom is helping! I think I'll come pretty close (keep in mind I was stocked up on meat and most personal products though).

SO. I was wondering... how many Jell-O deals did you buy? I bought 12 boxes (6 coupons), and plan to go back and get 20 more (10 coupons), to pay for one more thing to hopefully take us through the end of the month and keep me under [my new and probably temporary] budget. What fun.

Also, I was wondering if any of you do CVS? I have gone a few times, and don't feel like a pro yet. Would love to hear what you think!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got 8 boxes of jell-o. i was all ready pretty well stocked up. i haven't done cvs, but i do walgreens! good luck with your new budget! very ambitious goal!
~alissa

Jami said...

I can't wait to hear if you reach your goal! Way to go Brooke!

Mindy said...

I got 40 boxes of jello (20 coupons). I'm still thinking of getting more...crazy I know. I think I made jello over the summer every few days so I know we'll go through it. Plus you use it in a few desserts.

I think you already know, but I do not do the CVS thing. I'm intrigued but I know it's a disaster waiting to happen taking 2 boys along for that. Maybe when they're older and can both sit quietly and eat snacks while I bargain shop.

Good luck on your $30 goal!